Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
The entity responsible for the processing of your personal data is niix Limited
What personal data we collect and when
We ask you for certain personal data to provide you with the products or services you request. For example, when you make purchases, request to receive communications, create an account, participate in our events or contests, or interact with our Site or use our App. This personal data includes your:
- Contact details including name and email
- Login and account information, including screen name, password and unique user ID
- Personal details including gender and date of birth
- Images, photos and videos
- Data on physical characteristics, including weight, height, and body measurements
- Fitness activity data provided by you or generated through our Site or App (classes, time, duration)
- Personal preferences including your marketing preference
We use additional personal data in order to enable particular features within our Site and App or services. For example, we request access to your social network credentials in order to post content from an App to a social network. This personal data may include your:
- Classes data
- Photos, contacts and calendar information
- Sensor data, including heart rate and (GPS) location data
- Social network information, including credentials and any information from your public posts about niix or your communications with us
When interacting with our Site and App, data is automatically collected and shared with niix by the technology platforms providing the experience. For example your web browser or mobile device may share certain data with niix as those devices interact with niix’s Site or App. More information about these practices is included in the Cookies and Pixel Tags section below. This data includes:
- Device IDs, call state, network access, storage information and battery information
- Cookies, IP addresses, referrer headers, data identifying your web browser and version, and web beacons and tags
We may also collect certain usage statistics relating to your use of our App, including but not limited to version numbers of software and statistical information on how the features in the App are being used.
Tools to manage what we collect
When using our App, we also inform you about our collection through standard permissions in app stores, mobile operating systems, and in the App experience. We also prompt you for your consent where necessary.
In many cases, your web browser or mobile device platform will provide additional tools to allow you to control when your device collects or shares particular categories of information. For example, your mobile device or web browser may offer tools to allow you to manage cookie usage or location sharing. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with and use the tools available on your devices.
Why and how we use (process) your personal data
We use the personal data we collect from you in the following ways:
To provide the features of the Site, App, and services you request
When you use our Site and App, we will use your data to provide the product or service you have selected. For example, if you make a purchase on our App, or participate in an event or promotion, we will use the contact information you give us to communicate with you about the purchase, event or promotion.
If you use our App to track your fitness activity or physical characteristics, we will collect this data and store it so that you can review it in the App. Your fitness activity data may include data you enter about your activity as well as data collected by your device during the course of your activity such as location data and movement data. We may use this activity data to calculate further information about your activity, such as total classes completed so that the calculated information can be provided to you as part of the functionality of the App.
In many cases, to use particular features within our Site, App, and services you may need to provide niix with additional data or additional consent to use particular data in a certain way. For example, to share content on social media, you may be required to provide your social media account credentials.
To communicate information about our products, services, events and for other promotional purposes
When you create a niix user account, we may use the information you provide as well as information from other niix sources, such as your use of niix’s Site and App, your visits to or purchases made in niix stores, your participation in niix events and contests to send you personalized communications on products and services that may be interesting for you.
To operate, improve and maintain our business, products and services
We may use the data you provide to us to operate our business. For example, when you make a purchase, we may use that information for accounting, auditing and other internal functions. As another example, we may use data about how you use our products and services to enhance your user experience and to help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Site and App.
To protect our or others’ rights, property or safety
We may also use data about how you use our Site and App to prevent or detect fraud, abuse, illegal uses and violations of our Terms and to comply with court orders, governmental request or applicable law.
For general research and analysis purposes
We use data about how our visitors use our Site, App and Services to understand customer behaviour or preferences. For example, we may use information about how App users search for and find products to better understand the best ways to organize and present product offerings in our App.
Use (processing) of fitness activity and physical characteristic data
As discussed above, niix may collect data about your fitness activity or your physical characteristics in order to provide our App and other services. Because of this intimate nature of this data, we strive to provide you with clear information about how this data will be used. As this data may be considered sensitive in certain jurisdictions, we take appropriate measures in protecting and using this data and, where required by applicable law or under niix’s internal policies, obtain your consent for use.
We may also use your personal data in other ways and will provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent where necessary.
Sharing of your personal data
niix shares your personal data with:
- Third party service providers processing personal data on niix’s behalf, for example to process credit cards and payments, manage and service our data, distribute emails, research and analysis, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features
- Other third parties to the extent necessary to: (i) comply with a government request, a court order or applicable law; (ii) prevent illegal uses of our Site and App or violations of our Site’ and the App’ Terms and our policies; (iii) defend ourselves against third party claims; and (iv) assist in fraud prevention or investigation.
We may also transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganisation, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
When you use certain features on our Site or App, you can create a public profile that may include information such as your screen name, profile picture and hometown. You can also share content with your friends or the public, including information about your niix activity using third party social media services such as Facebook. We encourage you to use the tools provided in those third party social media services to control what information you make available about you niix activity.
Protection and management of your personal data.
- Encryption & Security: We use a variety of security measures, including encryption and authentication tools to maintain the safety of your personal data. Your personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems.
- International data transfers: The personal data we collect or generate (process) in the context of our Site and App will be stored in the United Kingdom.
Some of the data recipients with whom niix shares your personal data may be located in countries other than the country in which your personal data originally was collected. The laws in those countries may not provide the same level of data protection compared to the country in which you initially provided your data. Nevertheless, when we transfer your personal data to recipients in other countries we will protect that information as described in this Policy and in compliance with applicable law.
- Retention of your data: We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect it, except if required otherwise by law.
- Your rights related to your personal data: You have the right to withdraw your consent with respect to our use of your personal data. You also have the right to access your data and to modification or deletion, in the event your data as stored by us are incorrect or otherwise unlawful.
To modify your (email or sms) subscriptions or to opt-out of receiving niix communication, please do so using the opt-out option provided in the email or sms. You can also contact us to exercise your rights of access, modification and deletion or to object to the processing of your personal data by sending an email to email@example.com.
Cookies and pixel tags
niix receives and records information, which may include personal data, from your browser when you use our Site. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies and pixel tags to collect this information, which may include your (i) IP-address; (ii) unique cookie identifier, cookie information and information on whether your device has software to access certain features; (iii) unique device identifier and device type; (iv) domain, browser type and language, (v) operating system and system settings; (vi) country and time zone; (vii) previously visited websites; (viii) information about your interaction with our Site such as click behaviour, purchases and indicated preferences; and (ix) access times and referring URLs.
Third parties may also collect information via the Site through cookies, third party plug-ins and widgets. These third parties collect data directly from your web browser and the processing of this data is subject to their own privacy policies. More information on the identity of these third parties and their privacy policies is provided below.
- Functional: These cookies are required for basic site functionality and are therefore always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore our Site within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
- Performance: These cookies allow us to improve our Site’ functionality by tracking usage. In some cases these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request, allow us to remember site preferences you have selected. De-selecting these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site performance.
- Social media and advertising: Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our Site through social media. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond our Site. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data. De-selecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
You can always change your preferences by using the settings in your browser.
For a comprehensive and up-to-date summary of every third-party accessing your web browser (through niix Site or otherwise), we recommend installing a web browser plugin built for this purpose. You can also choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings on each browser and device that you use. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features that make our Site and App more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
USING niix Site and App with third-party products and services
Our Site and App allow you to interact with other digital products and services. For example, our Site and App can integrate with third-party devices for social networks.
If you choose to connect your niix account with a third-party device or account, your privacy rights on third-party platforms will be governed by their respective policies. For example, if you choose to share your niix activity on third-party social media platforms, the policies of those platforms govern the data that resides there.
Our Site and App may provide links to other (third-party) websites and apps for your convenience or information. Linked sites and apps have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly encourage you to review. To the extent any linked websites or apps are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites or apps, or the privacy practices of the websites or apps.
Applicable law and our practices change over time. If we decide to update our Policy, we will post the changes on our Site and App. We strongly encourage you to read our Policy and regularly check for any changes.
Questions and feedback
We welcome questions, comments, and concerns about our Policy and privacy practices. If you wish to provide any feedback or if you have questions or concerns, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org .